The African Open Science Platform has just launched as a pilot…
“The Africa-wide initiative will promote the development and coordination of data policies, data training and data infrastructure. The pilot phase, launched today, is supported by the South African Department of Science and Technology (DST), funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF), directed by CODATA, the Committee on Data of the International Council for Science (ICSU) and implemented by the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf).”
* coordinate initiatives already underway.
* encourage shared investment in infrastructure.
* circulate good ideas and practice.
* develop the capacities of individuals and institutions.
* promote key applications of relevance to Africa.
* be a conduit to international open data.